Manchester is recognized as one of the top economic cities of its size and is often recognized by national and industry specific publications. In February 2016, the City of Manchester received the Thumbtack Champion of Small Business Award "for being one of the most affordable and liveable cities in the country." The City was also cited as being “incredibly friendly for small businesses.”
Not only does Manchester continually rank for our economic prowess, but the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport was ranked the #1 Best Midsize Airport in the Country by TravelPulse in November 2016; citing its convenience, comfort, and customer-driven practices. In March 2018, the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport ranked among the Top 15 Best Airports in the US, of any size.
In January 2018, Manchester ranked as the #22 Best City in the Nation to Find a Job out of 180 U.S. Cities.
In April 2018, Manchester ranked as the 37th Best Place to Live in the USA. Cited among Manchester's strengths were: its location, a "vibrant" student population, job market, and quality of life.
In March 2019, Manchester ranked in the Top 100 Best Places to Live in the USA by Livability. Livability writes: "Manchester’s high marks in economics and amenities can be traced to its status as a hotspot for local conventions, sporting events and concerts — all while offering residents a cost of living that’s extremely affordable...Also, the food scene here is awesome and growing every day."
A strong city in a great state; you'll find that Manchester is located in one of the most affordable and livable places in the country. New Hampshire has been voted:
- #1 State for Overall Child Well-Being - June 2018 - AECF
- #1 State in the Nation - January 2018 - Politico Magazine
- #1 Best State for Taxpayer ROI - March 2017 - WalletHub
- #1 State for Opportunity - February 2017 - US News
- #1 State for Family and Community - 2016 - AECF
- #2 Best State to Live in - November 2018 - USA Today
- #2 Best State for Women to Retire - March 2018 - Expert Market
- #3 State for Public Safety - February 2018 - US News
- #4 Best Economy in the Nation - August 2018 - USA Today
- #4 Best State in the Nation - February 2018 - US News
- #5 State to Find a Job - May 2018 - WalletHub
- #7 State with the Highest Well-Being - February 2018 - Gallup-Sharecare
- #8 Best State for Business - December 2018 - 24/7 Wall Street
- #9 State with High-Tech Capability and Competitiveness - December 2018 - Milken Institute
- #10 Best State in the Nation for Women - March 2018 - WalletHub