The global economy is extremely well represented in Manchester. Our highly technological companies, manufacturing firms, and corporations thrive, as do the career paths of the people who keep them running. Are you looking for new facility construction? Newly refurbished space along the Merrimack River? Space in one of our new business or industrial parks or a quaint spot in our historic Millyard? Manchester can certainly accommodate.
Some quick facts on Manchester's business and industry:
- More than 200 diversified manufacturing firms call Manchester home.
- Manchester is a multi-industry city, home to high-tech, communications, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing firms.
- Nearly 70 percent of manufacturing jobs are in durable goods production, especially those of metal products, electrical products and machinery and plastics.
- The city's largest hospitals include Elliot Hospital and Catholic Medical Center. Manchester is also home to Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
- The Mall of New Hampshire is one of the largest malls in the state and encompasses over 1.2 million square feet.
- Manchester is the business and financial center of northern New England and is home to several key industry clusters, including semiconductors, electronics, aerospace and defense, apparel and textiles, communication services, industrial machinery and financial services.
- Over 80 percent of the work force in the Manchester Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is employed in more than 2,000 non-manufacturing firms.
- The Manchester MSA has over 8,000 commercial establishments, including more than 800 retail stores with annual sales of over $2.6 billion.
- Our businesses are always connected, creating partnerships and vendor relationships that strengthen our local economy.
- Manchester's 10 largest employers include:
- Elliot Hospital: 3.376
- Catholic Medical Center: 1,700
- Southern New Hampshire University: 1,400
- Public Service of New Hampshire 1,320
- Fairpoint Communications: 1,175
- TD Bank: 1,150
- Citizens Bank: 1,100
- Comcast: 1,025
- Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield: 700
- Saint Anselm College: 650
Visit the New Hampshire Division of Economic Development for more information about the state.
Visit ProsperNH, the economic development division of Public Service of New Hampshire, for additional economic data and information.
Visit the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce for additional information about doing business in Manchester.Visit the Manchester Young Professional Network for information about upcoming events and programs.