The global economy is extremely well represented in Manchester. Our highly technological companies, manufacturing firms, and corporations thrive, as do the career paths of the people who keep them running. Are you looking for new facility construction? Newly refurbished space along the Merrimack River? Space in one of our new business or industrial parks or a quaint spot in our historic Millyard? Manchester can certainly accommodate.
Some quick facts on Manchester's business and industry:
- About 200 diversified manufacturing firms call Manchester home.
- Manchester is a multi-industry city, home to high-tech, communications, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing firms.
- The city's largest hospitals include Elliot Hospital and Catholic Medical Center. Manchester is also home to Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
- The Mall of New Hampshire is one of the largest malls in the state and encompasses over 1.2 million square feet.
- Manchester is the business and financial center of northern New England and is home to several key industry clusters, including semiconductors, electronics, aerospace and defense, apparel and textiles, communication services, industrial machinery and financial services.
- The Manchester MSA has over 8,000 commercial establishments, including more than 900 retail stores with annual sales of over $2.2 billion.
- Our businesses are always connected, creating partnerships and vendor relationships that strengthen our local economy.
- Manchester's largest employers include (via NHBR Book of Lists 2017):
Elliot Hospital - 3,682
Catholic Medical Center - 2,600
Southern New Hampshire University - 2,093
Eversource - 1,400
FairPoint Communications - 1,050
TD Bank - 900
Citizens Bank - 700
Saint Anselm College - 689
Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield - 500
Visit the New Hampshire Division of Economic Development for more information about the state.
Visit the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce for additional information about doing business in Manchester. Visit the Manchester Young Professional Network for information about upcoming events and programs.